Sunday, September 7, 2014

Focus On Life 2014 - Week 35 & 36 - Outside and Door

Well I am a week behind again....but being retired makes you so busy.....seriously!

But for week 35, it was for end of summer and out side. So my husband and I and my son, Nicholas, were running errands in Inverness, FL and I have always wanted to stop at this little park just off the main highway.  It is called Cooter Park because the turtles in the pond are called Cooters.  And there are a LOT of turtles in the pond. There is a wooden walkway out into the marsh area and pond that you can walk around and gaze into the water and believe me, beside the couple of alligators, there were lots and lots of those cooter turtles. And fish too. So after we walked around a bit, it was hot, I got my son to pose by the turtle statue depicting the Cooter Turtles.  After lunch at Panera's, we headed home before the well known after noon showers hit.
































For this week, I thought....DOOR???? That really threw me....I hunted through picture upon picture, even back a couple of years and NO door. Do I was really challenged by this one. Now my desk with my computer sits in the dining area, NEXT to the kitchen. After jumping on my son to quit standing in front of the refrigerator and just gazing inside, it HIT me. REFRIGERATORS have doors! And in my house, it is probably the most used door.  SO I decided to use my refrigerator door as my offering for this weeks challenge. As you can see I have "stuff" on it, held with all those cute magnets one tends to acquire.


 



For more great doors check out the links below. Hopefully I will be on time next week. Til then...

Veralynne







5 comments:

  1. You can see your fridge door! Mine is totally covered by magnets.. Love all your turtles etc too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the turtle sculpture is cool. i like the turtle in the water, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I love this! I almost photographed our refrigerator doors too because when they are open you have to walk around the entire center island to get into the kitchen and they are always in motion it seems!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about refrigerators. I can remember my brothers standing and gazing in the refrigerator as if their imaginations could make a particular food appear. Is that an alligator in your last photo at Cooter Park? Sure looks grumpy to me.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Veralynne - thanks for commenting on my blog. The water colour is really amazing and you are welcome to copy it for inspiration for your jewelry.
    I tried to comment via your email but with Google plus I couldn't. So I'm enjoying these photos - refrigerator doors are used a LOT!

    ReplyDelete