Friday, January 24, 2014

Focus On Life 2014 - Week 4 - WORDS

I really sat back and thought about this one.  

MY word for 2014 is "continue". In 2013 it was grow, which I think I did...but for 2014 I want to "continue".

But Sally said "What word speaks to you, makes you laugh, makes you feel good about your being and who you are in that moment.  Is there a word that stands out, you find interesting, you think is fun to say. "

My son who is now 21, comes up with some "big" words on occasion that kinda floor me as I am not used to hearing him say them...but of course I can't think of any right now.

But even though I don't "see" these "exact" words...I love to know when I have new email....my family is so spread out and I belong to so many things, that getting new emails really makes my day.  So I decided to go with those famous words...


Though I do like getting snail mail too!

For more to see click the links below.

Thanks for visiting!





16 comments:

  1. Perfect for today's prompt!! Words from those we love, if electronic or other, are ALWAYS the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get a frisson of excitement when I see those words too, great choice Veralynne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words from loved ones are the best aren't they! And I have to say, that's one of my all time fave movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love to get mail that isn't spam or bills. They are full of the best words

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute (reminds me of the film!), and 'real' emails are just great, esp. if they're from family and friends scattered around the globe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little personal connections in the inbox are such great gifts! You're right...I need to get inspired and write a few notes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often wonder how many real emails I delete in removing junk mail from my inbox... My son and I seem to convo on FB.. of course all of those do show up in my in box!... My new computer pings when I get mail... of course most of it's junk! But the ping is still exciting for a few seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You chose a fun saying Vera. It is great to connect with our loved ones who are not near us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Email seemed much more exciting back before we had so many social media choices! But I do search out the "good ones." I do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who doesn't like getting mail whether in the form of email or snail mail unless it's junk mail) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've Got Mail (the movie) is one of my all time favourites. *smile* And I like getting both e-mail and regular mail too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always exciting to get in touch with your loved ones - even by email or other social media forms. It's sure faster than snail mail (which I still love for cards :) )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear that every time my hubby opens up his computer. Although some emails can be interesting for lack of a better word.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That just makes me smile! Powerful words indeed. I think I need to go email a friend out of the blue now to spread the joy - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vera--thanks so much for visiting me via the GYB party :) You are a great photographer! I love photography to, so I'd love to stop by again sometime and take part in your link party. Blessings, Diana

    ReplyDelete