Friday, January 10, 2014

Focus on Life - 2014 Silhouette

To quote our teacher, Sally Russic , "This week we are going to break the rules of photography and broaden our photographer's eye.  .  We are going to shoot into the light and focus on capturing a dramatic image.  We are going to let all the flaws of the world fall away for a week and concentrate on  an image with no features,  just a simple silhouette. " 

Her picture of her son in front of a window stayed with me all week as I looked for "silhouettes". But this week, even in Florida...is was dreary...so I was really worrying on what to photograph.  Even driving to my Jackson Hewitt training, I was looking for something to photograph....

But today...God smiled on me and gave me a bit of Sunlight to use...now they aren't fancy....one is a wire christmas tree form that can have ornaments hung on it sitting in front of a window that sun was coming in. And beside it is a nutcracker doll that belongs to my son...(he collects them).  Then the other one was a string of metal bells with a camel on the bottom that are hanging on the front porch of my home. What you see behind and beside it is the plastic we have tacked up over the screens to help with the "cold" weather we have been having...but again, the sun was behind them...so they are in silhouette!

This was a fun adventure as I HAD to look into the sun to find my inspiration AND,as per our teacher..I changed my setting on the camera to Sunset....  Check out the links below for more Sun Fun....and thanks for looking.


I tried to get my dog to "pose" for me in the sunlight...but it was a no go....every time I picked up the camera..she would go running off...go figure.....a shy dog....












15 comments:

  1. In my part of Florida it was down right cold. Like how you found inside subjects to take pictures of. I especially like the image of the bells on the right side of your collage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice shot even though you had very little sun light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job considering you're having such dreary weather. I love the tree ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice collage of the silhouette images! The bells aer striking (wait, is that a pun?) Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took my picture Monday morning intending to take more later in the week... we actually had sun but I'm a wimp so refused to go outdoors! Your bells are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the collage. You really captured some great silhouette's for sure! Some animals are more shy than other's, aren't they? But when you can get it, they make great silhouette photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the collage you've made - it's like a stained glass window of silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful collage! I love that wire Christmas tree and the silhouette of those bells!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful view out your window. I love your collage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems when you WANT something to happen it never does. Great way to make it work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great collage! You managed to take beautiful pictures from inside sub jets! I have such a difficult time doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really interesting subjects, the wire tree and the bells have such interesting shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The collage is fantastic! I like the camel silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like these images! Your subject matter is really interesting to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos. I love how you made a collage out of them.

    ReplyDelete